Thursday, June 9, 2011

Little Buddy

Well, once again I am hoping this will post. For some reason I can't post any of my previous posts.

Lulu is a running machine....most of the time running to get out of Nico's way! :) I really can't believe that Lulu started walking at 9 months and she is talking A LOT! it is so funny to watch the differences between boys and girls. Summer is here and the kids have been enjoying their time outside....which leads me to share the latest news at the Stivers house....we have a new member to our family....no not another baby (are you kidding me!)....a baby duck we named buddy! Nico and Lulu had been going everynight down to the little pond by our house with Charlie to feed the ducks. Well, a male and female duck started following them home to our house and Charlie and I suspected that the female had laid some eggs. Sure enough...the ducklings hatched and everyone was sooooo excited. Charlie had taken the kids down the path to find the ducklings. The mama duck was with her 4 little ducklings....and one of them had a deformed leg that kept him from keeping up with the others. Charlie and his big heart knew that he wouldn't make it through the night with all the foxes and coyotes sooooooo he brought him home.

Yes we are now the proud parents of Buddy the duck. Nico is completely head over heals for this duck and calls out for him in his sleep. It really melts my heart. Yes I know a duck is the last thing we needed at our house....but he really is too cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!