Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Unconditional


I love being a mom. I truly have found a part of my soul I never knew exisited....the love a mother has for her child. Nico is not a baby who enjoys sleeping...in fact he won't even try it! Today He has been up since 3:00 am...therefore I have been up since 3 am and he has not had a nap and neither have I. Somehow, this has not phased me one bit...however, I should not be making any major decisions being this sleep deprived. Even though I can feel the tiredness in my bones, I don't want to miss a minute of him!


It just makes me laugh, really, being so sleep deprived and still functioning. Today Nico and I went to a class and all the other babies were eating and sleeping...not Nico..he just sat contently on my lap looking around and watched all the other babies sleep, enjoying every minute!


okay, that's it..I am going to bed!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Keri! Just had to comment on the "baby not sleeping!" Our daughter, Camryn, (now almost 7 wks) seems to not like sleep either! She will also just stare at everything; so curious! She'll actually fight to keep her eyes open if she finds herself getting tired. I read that babies this age typically sleep 16-18 hrs a day. Yup! Not my baby either! (I've never been happier though...) So, question for you, I feel like to be the best mom possible that i need to interact/socialize with Camryn when she is awake (which is alot...) but, i still need to eat, shower, laundry, etc. And, i feel guilty that i'm not spending more quality time with her. Is this anything you have dealt with? xo

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!