Thursday, September 17, 2009

Nico's First Train Ride

Nico with mom and dad

Falling asleep on Pap's lap on the return trip

I love this pic! Nana and Papa got him a little engineer hat
and we when we put it on him it scunched his little face!


My sweet boy!


Mom and Pops with cousin KAthy


One of my favorite times of the year is fall. I love taking a ride up to the mountains and having a picnic. This year, the family decided to take a trip up to Georgetown and take the train (which is funny since I grew up in Colorado and so did my parents and none of us have ever been on the train which is one of the biggest tourist attractions!

So, off we went with our picnic basket packed and our cameras ready! It was really fun even though it was a bit chilly. We had our picnic in a little park and then it was off to the Georgetown Loop! The sun came out for our train ride and then it really started to rain. Nico was such a champ and seemed to enjoy the soothing rock of the train! He fell asleep on Papa's lap on the return trip! Since it was prety cold after the train, we didn't walk around Georgetown...instead we drove to Idaho Springs and had Beau Jo's Pizza! It was a fantastic way to start fall and a wonderful memory!











1 comment:

  1. Great pics! I've never been on the train either but it looks like a lot of fun. I'm really loving little Nico's lumberjack hat.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!