Thursday, September 3, 2009

Time Flies!

Nico is 5 months old!


Well, we have been away for awhile.....but we're back!!! Nico picked up a full time job....GROWING and we have been trying to keep up with this amazing little boy. He is such a happy guy and he has started eating rice cereal! He looks at us when we are eating like,"Hey, you guys get all that and I get this rice cereal?!" He loves to give hugs and kisses and is fascinated with Ellie's wrinkled face! Being a big boy and eating rice cereal comes with a price......a stinky poopy price that scares mommy and daddy very much! Holy Cow....that's all I will say!

As for me, I love being Nico's mom. I know I have said it before, but truly, this is the first time in my life that I feel fulfilled with what I am doing. I told Charlie the other night that the whole time I was in the corporate world, traveling constantly, trying to reach all of my goals.....I never felt complete. Now, I wake up with such a sense of comfort....I don't have to try to fill shoes that were not made for my feet! Being away from such a negative environment has helped me grow so much more than when I was desperately trying to "make it" in my field. I continue to watch in amazement the cycle of life. We are on this earth for such a short period of time and finding our purpose is such a long, extensive walk. I feel restored.

I have had to go back to the doctor for some more B12 shots. I was really feeling tired and I knew it wasn't just because Nico is still not sleeping! The shots have helped and I am starting to feel a pep back in my step! I continue to be in awe of Charlie as a dad. He is just amazing and he makes my heart smile!

I will have to follow up with some pics...I am having trouble downloading them!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Keri,
    Tooooo funny, I thought you meant Ellis' wrinkled face, then I realized it was your doggie. Can't wait for new pics (maybe with his girlfriend ?)
    Have a great long weekend.Brooke K's Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i thought you meant the same thing :) that is funny! i am glad you are back :) love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so cute! Loved the update. Both of you are just the best. and charlie too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. now that is just the cutest picture i have ever seen - i LOVE it!! you look great and nico is adorable. love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that my family is gone and we are back from FL lets figure out a time to actually get together. Before we know it....it will be Christmas. Nico is a love muffin!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!