Sunday, July 11, 2010

Our little Sparkler!

Well, Miss Lucia Angelina arrived at 10:05 July 4th! She's happy and healthy and curious about her new world! I had been having contractions for about 2 weeks and then on the 4th I decided maybe I should go in and get checked. Our doctor was on call all day at the hospital so he said to come in and we would see if I had made any progress. I was definately in labor and he said we could either go home...and come back in whenever things progressed more or just see what happened at the hospital. So, we got checked around 12:30 in the afternoon and then just waited for things to happen. The Dr. broke my water around 2:00 and Charlie and I walked the halls to try to encourage more contractions. Since my contractions had not been consistant or strong enough over the last two weeks, and fluid didn't come out when he broke my water, he decided to give me some patocin(sp) and then things really started happening. My cousins Kathy and Dorie and my wonderful friend Brenda were there to help support Charlie because I didn't have an epidural again so things were starting to get rough!
Around 9:30 I was dialated to a 4/5 100% efaced and we just worked through the contractions....I am not going to lie....I begged everyone for an epidural! Then, at 10:00 I yelled that I had to push...and she was born at 10:05! She weighed in at 7lbs 3ounces and was 20 inches long.
She's such a delight and Nico is an awesome big brother! Our house feels full of excitement and love and we are so happy to have her home! We didn't stay in the hospital very long at all due to some insurance issues and we actually brought her home when she was only 15 hours old.
The pictures are all out of order so I am sorry. Welcome home our sweet angel....you have no idea how much you are loved!
Nico checking out his new sister with Daddy1

Sweet little Lucia!

Lucia meeting her cousin Laiq and Auntie Amber
for the first time


Elaine, my doctor's 4 year old came to visit

Cool dudes the day before she was born!


My little Lulu




Team Keri


The best husband in the world!


Before the pain!




Happy times!









3 comments:

  1. Great update and I loved ALL the photos. What a joy to see your precious little family filled with love and joy. Thanks for letting us be a part of your lives and sharing so much joy with us.
    Love,
    Nana & Papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWW, she is BEAUTIFUL!!! Way to go, Keri! You are amazing to get a post up so quickly. Thanks so much for sharing! Can't wait to meet her :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing the story and pictures. she certainly is a little doll!! we are thrilled for you all. and some year we will have to celebrate our little sparkerlers together :) lots of love!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!