Saturday, March 13, 2010

Mornings with Nico

I have to say one of my very favorite things in life are mornings with Nico! He is just like his dad...wakes up with a smile! I have always been a morning person, but starting the day with Mr. Happy Pants is so rewarding! We usually start the day with a little SPROUT TV...now don't go judging me...he loves Chica the Chicken and it is very educational. After he has woken up a little, he is ready to start moving and start playing. I love that he just follows me around from the kitchen to the laundry room and then we cuddle on the chair until it's time for breakfast.

Growing up in a house where my brother would put up all the cereal boxes so that he wouldn't have to look at me and my mom wasn't "awake" until she took her shower and my dad was either coming off of a shift at the firehouse or just not a morning person any way you look at it.....Nico is quite refreshing. One of my favorite memories though, is when we were little, my mom would let us stay in our pj's and just play all day. It is the simplest things that make life so fun! I want so much for Nico to have memories like that. I want him to look back and remember the ease to starting the day and that we never rushed. I love that Nico laughs and makes little games up with me! Thanks little buddy for being a ray of sunshine and filling our lives with so much love!

OOPS! I unbuckled him and wet to get a cloth to wash his
face...he's quick!

Just chillin, drinking his milk








Starting the day off nice and slow with Elmo!




3 comments:

  1. aww.. thanks for reminding me what it is all about :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love slow mornings...they are few and far between these days butare awesome! enjoy them while you can...school mornings are early!! nico is sooo cute! did you find out what you are having??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nico's beautiful smile every time he sees us makes each day a day filled with sunshine and love. Thank you Nico and thank you Keri and Charlie for sharing your precious son with us.
    Love, Nana and Papa

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!